The Schöllenbacher altar is a monumental work of the late German Gothic dated 1515. The more than four meters high and over five meters wide wing altar shows the tree of Jesse: a depiction in art of the ancestors of Christ, twelve kings from the Old Testament, shown around a tree which rises from Jesse of Bethlehem, the father of King David; and scenes from the life of Mary. Originally the altar, donated by the Erbacher Family, stood in the pilgrimage church in Schöllenbach, not far from the main town of Erbach. At the end of the 19th century, Eberhard XV brought it to the Erbacher Schloss (Castle) and installed it in the Hubertuskapelle (Saint Hubertus Chapel), where services were held from time to time. Between 2006 and 2010, the altar was extensively restored.